Here are a few of the real gems of members’ clubs with Club Premises Certificates. What they are saying is that they only serve booze to their members or their bona fide members’ guests present with them. They shouldn’t serve visitors/strangers. Do they?
- There’s Royal Lytham with its massive green fee income and its 16 bedroom hotel accommodation on site and just with a Club Premises Certificate. No visitors there!!
- Walton Heath – This club boasts that at one point they had 24 MPs as members and 21 members in the House of Lords. With their £600,000 plus of green fees, and no tax paid of course, they enjoy their Club Premises Certificate. Their secretary boasted at a presentation at Windlesham on 10th October 2013 that they do £250,000 plus in societies. The MPs who are members there must know about it! Come on get your house in order!
- Sunningdale – another gem with £1.3 million of green fees and just their Club Premises Certificate.
- Swinley Forest – no surprise there. With Farrer & Co – solicitors to the Royal Family – on their side, perhaps licensing doesn’t apply to them!
- Gog Magog in Cambridge. Again no surprise. Close links with Cambridge University and the Old Boy Network
- Beaconsfield – nothing remarkable here, except that their club chairman was a judge!!
- In fact, you look and they are nearly all on the fiddle. No visitors here, old boy!
Click here to read on: Licensing – Operation Scott